The AS7712-32X-EC is a 32-port 100 GbE QSFP28 switch designed for carrier/enterprise aggregation, data center top-of-rack/spine and SDN-enabled networks. It is an ideal solution for traditional three-tier aggregation or core and folded-Clos architectures, serving with a 1:1 non-oversubscription.
The switch runs EdgeCOS, providing traditional Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching functionality, as well as OpenFlow 1.3*, leveraging Broadcom’s OpenFlow Data Plane Abstraction (OF-DPA*) that delivers the most out of the switching silicon. By using OF-DPA, EdgeCOS provides more tables, larger table sizes, and a streamlined OpenFlow pipelining, compared to legacy OpenVswitch-based software solutions.
|Switch Type||Fixed Port|
|Predominant Port Type||100 Gigabit Fiber|
- 32 x 100G QSFP28 ports, each supporting 1 x 100 GbE or 1 x 40 GbE, or via breakout cables, 2 x 50 GbE or 4 x 25 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE
- Deploy as top-of-rack switch supporting 10 or 25 GbE to servers, with 40, 50, or 100 GbE uplinks
- Deploy as spine switch supporting 40, 50, or 100 GbE ToR and spine interconnects.
- Layer 2/Layer 3, and OpenFlow 1.3*
- OF-DPA 2.0*
- Compatible with OpenFlow 1.3 capable controllers and applications written for OF-DPA
- Debian GNU/Linux Open Linux Environment*
- 310 W typical power consumption
- 9 K Bytes Jumbo Frames
- Dual hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant power supplies (AC, 48 VDC, 12 VDC, HVDC 380 V*)
- Port-to-power and power-to-port airﬂow options
- 1:1 non-oversubscription in folded-Clos networks
- 5 +1 redundant, hot-swappable fans
- MLAG support
- VxLAN ready
- Perpetual license with optional annual maintenance contract